Code of Conduct for Parents
Parents are expected to:
1. Complete and return the Health and Consent form as requested by the club and detail any health concerns relevant to the child on the consent form. Any changes in the state of the child's health should be reported to the coach prior to sessions and ensure the club has up to date contact details for you and any alternative person.
2. Deliver and collect the child punctually to and from coaching sessions/swim meets. Please inform a member of the teaching/coaching staff if there is an unavoidable problem. If the club changes your child’s group/training times, please remember the change is to provide appropriate levels of training and enable your child to progress and should be facilitated and encouraged at all times.
3. Ensure your child is properly and adequately attired for the lessons/training session/events including all required equipment, i.e.hats, goggles etc.
4. Inform the coach/WO before a session if your child is to be collected early from a coaching session/meet and if so by whom.
5. Encourage their child to obey rules and teach them that they can only do their best.
6. Behave responsibly as a spectator at training/meets and treat swimmers, coaches, committee members and parents of yours and other clubs with due respect meeting the ASA commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
7. Ensure they do not use inappropriate language within the club environment.
8. Show appreciation and support your child and all the team members.
9. Ensure your child’s needs are met in terms of nutritional needs and listen to advice given from the club coach/nutritionist.
10. Support the teacher/coach and committee appropriately and raise any concerns you have in an appropriate manner. Details of the club Welfare officer can be found on the club website www.westnorfolksc.co.uk.
11. Do not enter poolside unless requested to do so or in an emergency. If you wish to have a discussion with the teacher/coach please contact the swim club liaison officer, details can be found in the contacts section of the web site.
12. Most of all help your child enjoy the sport and achieve to the best of their ability.
The club will undertake to:
1. Inform you at once if your child is ill and ensure their wellbeing until you are able to collect him/her.
2. Ensure good child protection guidelines are followed at all times to keep your child safe.
3. Ensure all activities are properly supervised/taught/coached and consent is obtained for any activity outside of that previously agreed.
The parent has a right to:
a. Make a complaint to the club if they feel the club or a member of the club is not acting appropriate to ASA/club laws and rules. Details of how to do this can be obtained from the club Welfare Officer.
b. Make a complaint on behalf of their child to the ASA.
I agree to the terms as highlighted above and expect that any breech in the code will be investigated by the club in line with ASA regulations
Signed: Name: Date: